Information we may collect
Generally, you can visit the Site without entering any personal data. However, you may voluntarily e-mail or otherwise submit such data to Altia e.g. when interacting with us in any way (e.g. by asking for information or assistance or reporting a problem with the Site).
Altia’s use of the information
The information we collect is stored in our databases in the EU, and may be used for the following purposes:
- development, maintenance and management of the Site and related products (including without limitation measuring and analyzing the traffic and optimizing the contents of the Site),
- development and management of the customer relationship,
- management of customer inquiries, and
- analysis and classification of the customer base, as well as related activities, with the aim of improving the Site and targeting communications for marketing purposes.
Altia does not obtain personal data about you other than that you choose to provide (e.g. name and email address), and we will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose the personal data you provide to anyone outside the Altia group. We may, however, share the collected information with other organizations as follows:
- To business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any services in relation to the Site;
- As permitted by law in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violation of Altia's intellectual property rights, violations of the Site's Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements, or otherwise as required by law;
- If we need to share the information to provide any product or service you have requested;
- If we have your consent to do so;
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose the information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If our assets or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the information is generally one of the transferred assets.
Altia endeavors to use appropriate measures (having regard also to the nature of the personal data involved) to protect your personal data. Such measures include, where appropriate, the use of firewalls, secure server facilities, encryption, implementing of proper access rights management systems and processes, careful selection of processors and other technically and commercially reasonable measures to provide appropriate protection for your personal data against unauthorized use or disclosure. Altia may also take appropriate back-up copies and use other such means to prevent the accidental damage or destruction of your personal data and to ensure that Altia’s services are functioning properly.